movie review of the day.

This one is going to be the blog where i'll be sharing my movie viewing experience.



Friday, April 23, 2010

Natasamrat (1974)

Natasamrat (1974)
Language: Marathi
Actor:Shreeram Lagoo
Running Time: 125 mins
Director: Vijay Kenkre
Writer: V V Shirwadkar
Censor Certificate: NA
Genre: Drama
Plot:Shreeram Lagoo was the first protagonist of the famous Marathi play Natasamrat written by Kusumagraj (Vishnu Vaman Shirwadkar) and is best remembered for that role. This is a marathi play about an actor who has just retired from active acting life & been honoured by the prestigeous "NATASAMRAT" award by the highest authority for his contribution in theatre.The story begins with his speech at an awards function & goes through many stages of his life(retired) after that.
My Review:Too good.Heads off to Dr.Shreeram Lagoo for the mammooth performance.He & only he could've done this.Dialogues so well written that you get involved & feel for the lead character.If there's any forum to showcase Indian theatre on world forum,I would surely recommend this one.Its a journey of a genius.I am happy that I had Marathi as my 3rd language in school & could understand the heavyduty dialogues without subtitles.
My Ratings:5/5,A must watch,feel proud









No comments:

Post a Comment